Here our ‘Critical Thinking’ questions:
- If you were one of the children in the Marshmallow Challenge, would you have eaten the marshmallow immediately? Why or why not?
- How do you think emotional intelligence can be taught at home and in school?
And ‘What Do You Think’:
- Why do you think this unit is called ‘A New Generation of Thinking’? How does it differ from the old way of thinking?
- Does your country or society encourage this new way of thinking? Does your education system benefit people with different types of intelligences? Why or why not?
- How can you develop the intelligences that you are weak at? Suggest some activities.
I really hope to hear from you. Remember that you can get a maximum of 5 points for your Homework Task 2. Deadline to participate: Saturday 26th by 11:59pm.
In your academic supplement, page 15, practice task 4, you are required to create your own blog on Blogger.com by following three simple steps: 1. create a google account, claim your blog name, and choose a theme for your website.
So, I would like you to write about your experience about the creation of your own blog and and the theme of it. Remember that you can get 5 extra points in your Homework Task 2!
I hope to get your answers!
After studying Chapter 1 of Unit 5, please write your answers to the following questions:
- Do you agree with Isabelle Allende that short stories are harder to write than novels? Why, or why not?
- Do you believe that reading a good story can be a life-changing experience? Why or why not?
And after reading Chapter 2, answer the following questions of the section ‘what do you think?’
- Do you have a favorite author? Why do you like his or her work?
- List some books you would encourage other people to read. Why would you recommend these books to others?
- Have you ever considered writing fiction yourself? What kind of stories would you like to write?
Now answer either the questions of Chapter 1 or Chapter 2.
Welcome to the blog that has been specifically designed for Comprensión Lectora en Inglés – Course CLECV Plus 2 – administered by Idiomas Católica.
This blog aims at providing opportunities for participants to exchange information related to the course. Although our reading course is not meant to develop oral or written communication skills, we have noticed that many of you can and wish to “have your say” in English about issues that we look at in the course. Your participation in this blog can award you up to 5 points in the assessment area labelled Tareas de Evaluación Continua.
Ready to begin? It is easy. The questions on the next message are waiting to be answered! You may want to participate twice. The first time, just write your answers to the questions. The second time, you are supposed to reply somebody else’s answer.
Enjoy the experience!