Read this piece of text adapted from “The Guardian”, a British newspaper. For further reference go to http://labs.theguardian.com/digital-language-divide/
The relationship between language and the internet is a growing area of policy interest and academic study. The story emerging is one where language profoundly affects your experience of the internet. It determines how much – if any – information you can access on Wikipedia. Google searching “restaurants” in a certain language may bring you back 10 times the results of doing so in another. And if your language is endangered, it is possible it will never have a life online. Far from infinite, the internet, it seems, is only as big as your language.
What would be the best title for this article?
- Internet as a powerful force for communication
- Internet: the language you speak matters!
- Internet promote equality amongst all the languages
Are these statements True or False?
- Language and internet are not related
- The amount of information you may find on internet depends of the language you speak.