After studying Chapter 1 of Unit 5, please write your answers to the following questions:
- Do you agree with Isabelle Allende that short stories are harder to write than novels? Why, or why not?
- Do you believe that reading a good story can be a life-changing experience? Why or why not?
And after reading Chapter 2, answer the following questions of the section ‘what do you think?’
- Do you have a favorite author? Why do you like his or her work?
- List some books you would encourage other people to read. Why would you recommend these books to others?
- Have you ever considered writing fiction yourself? What kind of stories would you like to write?
Now answer either the questions of Chapter 1 or Chapter 2.