On page 18 of the Academic Supplement you are asked to write a 200-word essay. So it would be great for you to participate in this space and you can get up to 5 extra points in your future Homework Task 3.
Hope to get your writing. Choose a topic of your preference, let’s say about ‘politics’, ‘the pandemic’, or any other one.
Here our ‘Critical Thinking’ questions:
- If you were one of the children in the Marshmallow Challenge, would you have eaten the marshmallow immediately? Why or why not?
- How do you think emotional intelligence can be taught at home and in school?
And ‘What Do You Think’:
- Why do you think this unit is called ‘A New Generation of Thinking’? How does it differ from the old way of thinking?
- Does your country or society encourage this new way of thinking? Does your education system benefit people with different types of intelligences? Why or why not?
- How can you develop the intelligences that you are weak at? Suggest some activities.
I really hope to hear from you. Remember that you can get a maximum of 5 points for your Homework Task 2. Deadline to participate: Saturday 26th by 11:59pm.
In your academic supplement, page 15, practice task 4, you are required to create your own blog on Blogger.com by following three simple steps: 1. create a google account, claim your blog name, and choose a theme for your website.
So, I would like you to write about your experience about the creation of your own blog and and the theme of it. Remember that you can get 5 extra points in your Homework Task 2!
I hope to get your answers!
After studying Chapter 1 of Unit 5, please write your answers to the following questions:
- Do you agree with Isabelle Allende that short stories are harder to write than novels? Why, or why not?
- Do you believe that reading a good story can be a life-changing experience? Why or why not?
And after reading Chapter 2, answer the following questions of the section ‘what do you think?’
- Do you have a favorite author? Why do you like his or her work?
- List some books you would encourage other people to read. Why would you recommend these books to others?
- Have you ever considered writing fiction yourself? What kind of stories would you like to write?
Now answer either the questions of Chapter 1 or Chapter 2.