Blog 1 : Which Job Suits Me?
About the Match Between Personality and Job
Career choice is really about answering the question; Which job suits me? As Confucius put it, ‘Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.’ But how can one find the perfect job? What requirements does the perfect job
meet? And does the perfect job exist?
The following factors determine whether a job suits you:
1. Personality. Does the job match my personality?
2. Competencies. Am I good at it?
3. Job opportunities. Will I get paid for it? (…)
READ THIS INTERESTING WEBPAGE ABOUT THE JOB THAT SUITS YOU ON THE LINK ABOVE. THEN ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
1.What did you want to be when you were young? Did you always want to be the same thing, or did it change over time?
2. Do you think social media websites (e.g. LinkedIn) are important tools in modern day job-hunts? Why, or why not?
3. Phrases such as “live to work” and “work to live” are used to describe different attitudes towards work. What do you understand by these phrases? What is the difference in meaning between them? WRITE YOUR COMMENTS AND PARTICIPATE!!